- RFP FOR AUDITING SERVICES - deadline- May 2, 2014 @ 5:00 P.M.
- Macon County Code of Ordinances
- Andersonville 5K Run & Walk - April 19, 2014
- Current 2013 Tax Digest and five year history
- ADA Transition Plan
- Notice under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Short Term Work Plan
- SPLOST EXPENDITURE SUMMARY
- 2012 Annual Financial Report
- Macon County Transit
- New Mobile Home Decal regulations
- FY2013 Approved Budget
- Current 2012 Tax Digest and five year history of tax levy
- Press Release- Macon County Enacts New Illegal Immigration Law Requirements
News & Notices
City of Oglethorpe
Oglethorpe, the county seat of Macon County, was incorporated on December 14, 1849. The city is named for General James Oglethorpe, the founder of Georgia.
Oglethorpe is located on the Flint River and in the 1840's was the largest and most active town in the southwest until decimated by smallpox and malaria epidemics in the 1850's and again in the 1860's. Many houses were moved twenty miles south to Americus or burned during these epidemics.