- Invitation to bid - Hicks Trailer Park Road
- Applications accepted- Chief Appraiser
- Macon County Code of Ordinances
- Current 2013 Tax Digest and five year history
- ADA Transition Plan
- Notice under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Short Term Work Plan
- SPLOST EXPENDITURE SUMMARY
- Macon County Transit
- New Mobile Home Decal regulations
- Press Release- Macon County Enacts New Illegal Immigration Law Requirements
News & Notices
City of Oglethorpe
Oglethorpe, the county seat of Macon County, was incorporated on December 14, 1849. The city is named for General James Oglethorpe, the founder of Georgia.
Oglethorpe is located on the Flint River and in the 1840's was the largest and most active town in the southwest until decimated by smallpox and malaria epidemics in the 1850's and again in the 1860's. Many houses were moved twenty miles south to Americus or burned during these epidemics.