The Probate Court of Macon County files, maintains, and issues all birth and death certificates that occurred in the county of Macon. We are able to certify birth and death certificates from anywhere in the state of Georgia.
Birth certificates are not public record. There are a limited number of people who may apply to receive a certified copy of birth certificate.
- Person listed on birth certificate
- Either natural parent of person on birth certificate (must be listed on birth certificate)
- Adoptive parents of person on birth certificate (adoptive parents names must be listed on birth certificate)
- Grandparents of person on birth certificate
- Siblings of person on birth certificate
- Spouse of person on birth certificate
- You must have a valid picture identification card to obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate.
Death certificates are available to the public. No identification is required for purchase. Download form to request.
Fees for Birth and Death Certificates
- $25 for the first copy of a certificate
- $5 each additional copy of the same certificate
- Fees are payable by cash or money order
To Receive Copies by Mail
You may request a birth or death certificate by mail. Download a request form. Complete a written request with the following information:
- Name as it should appear on the birth certificate
- Date of Birth
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- List your relationship to the person on the birth certificate (i.e. self, mother, father, etc.)
- Number of certificates you are requesting
- Enclose a money order for the total amount of certificates you are requesting (fees listed above) togetherwith a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Provide a copy of identification