The Probate Court of Macon County issues firearms license to all qualified persons who are residents of Macon County. Licenses are issued Monday – Friday from 8:00-11:00 a.m. and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
A license to carry authorizes a person to carry a handgun on or about his person, openly or in certain concealed positions. These include: in a shoulder or waist belt holster, hip grip, or similar device, handbag, purse, attaché case, briefcase, or other closed container.
- Must be 21 years of age or 18 years of age, non-resident and enlisted in the military (must show proof of enlistment)
- Must be a resident of Macon County
- A picture identification including applicant’s physical address is required.
- Applications must be filled out in the office of Probate Court.
- You will have to go to the Sheriff’s Department to get fingerprinted to send to the FBI and GCIC. They are located at 117 Crescent Street, Oglethorpe, Ga. 31068.
- Applications must be filled out in the office of Probate Court
- You may renew your License 90 days prior or 30 days after the expiration.
- New Applicants: $74.75
- Renewal Applicants $30.00