Macon County Georgia

Board of Commissioners' Office
121 South Sumter Street
Oglethorpe, Georgia 31068

Middle Flint Regional E-911 Authority

The Middle Flint Regional E9-1-1 Authority was created in July 2003 to provide enhanced 9-1-1 service to seven counties in central and west central Georgia. The counties of Macon, Dooly, Marion, Schley, Sumter, Taylor and Webster entered into an intergovernmental agreement forming the 9-1-1 Authority and appointing a board of directors to oversee the creation of a regional 9-1-1 center. Talbot became the eighth participating county in 2012.

The board of directors is comprised of representatives from each of the counties. They are appointed by the county board of commissioners and serve three-year terms. All those appointed to the board serve voluntarily and are not compensated for their service.

Middle Flint Regional E9-1-1 is the largest regional 9-1-1 Center in Georgia. Other centers serve larger populations, but none are as large in terms of area or number of agencies served.

Funding for the operation of the center is accomplished through the collection of 9-1-1 telephone surcharge fees and contributions from each of the counties in the region. All telephone companies serving customers in the region collect a monthly fee of $1.50 per month per phone line (wired, wireless and VOIP). By Georgia law, these fees are forwarded to the 9-1-1 Center and are used for keeping the Center up to date and functioning properly.

The collection of the surcharge fees accounts for approximately 85 percent of the operations budget for the center. The counties in the region contribute the other 15 percent of the budget on a pro-rata share determined by the revenue collections in each county which reflects the amount of traffic handled by the center. The per capita cost for running the regional E9-1-1 Center is approximately $20 as compared to a statewide average of $35 per person.

Visit The Middle Flint Regional E9-1-1 Center Website

Authority Board 

DOOLY
Until 12/31/2018
Kenny Calhoun
Chairman
229-268-4395
Contact by Email
211 West Union St.
Vienna, GA  31092

MACON
Until 12/31/2019
Mickey George
Member
478-472-2050
Contact by Email
409 Ingram St.
Montezuma, GA  31063

MARION
Until 12/31/2020
Derrell Neal
Member
229-649-3841
Contact by Email
P.O. Box 32
Buena Vista, GA  31803

SCHLEY
Until 12/31/2018
Doug Jamieson
Member
229-937-2567
Contact by Email
49 Pecan St
Ellaville, GA  31806

SUMTER 1
Until 12/31/2019
Randy Howard
Vice Chairman
229-853-2856
Contact by Email
110 Entrekin Ln.
Cobb, GA  31735

SUMTER 2
Until 12/31/2020
Terry Westbury
Member
229 -924-3213
Contact by Email
119 S. Lee St.
Americus, GA  31709

TALBOT
Until 12/31/2020
Robert Lanier
Member
706-665-8689
Contact by Email
P.O. Box 84
Talbotton, GA  31827

TAYLOR
Until 12/31/2018
Lenda Taunton
Treasurer
478-862-3336
Contact by Email
7 Ivy St.
Butler, GA  31006

WEBSTER
Until 12/31/2019
Darrell Holbrook
Member
229-828-5600
Contact by Email
170 Montgomery St.
 Preston, GA  31824