Macon County Transit provides safe, reliable, accessible and affordable transportation for residents of Macon County. Transportation is provided for medical appointments, shopping, social activities, educational needs, employment and many other places.
Macon County Transit services all geographic areas of the county and provides wheelchair–accessible service as needed. Anyone requiring non-emergency transportation is eligible to ride Macon County Transit. Children 5 and under must be in a car-seat and transit does not provide these accommodations. You must be at least 17 years old to ride without a parent.
To request a ride call 478-472-9613 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. You must call 24 hours in advance for next day service. All out of town trips must be reserved at least two days in advance. Spaces may be limited, reservations are required. Fares are collected in cash only.
You must give the dispatcher your name, address, telephone number, date and time of your appointment and the address of your destination. Passengers should be ready 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time and be at a main entrance or curbside if weather permits. The driver is allowed to wait five minutes before proceeding to the next destination.
If a Macon County Transit driver arrives and you are not home or you fail to cancel you become a no-show. You should call the Transit office no later than two hours before your scheduled time to cancel an appointment. Your riding privileges may be suspended for excessive no-shows.
Macon County Transit does not run routes on Saturday or Sundays, and is closed on normal holidays observed by the Macon County Government.
Please observe the following rules:
- Eating, drinking and smoking are now permitted on Transit vehicles.
- Food and beverages may be carried on board only if securely closed in spill-proof containers.
- Seatbelts and child safety seats must be utilized at all times.
- Macon County Transit is not responsible for any items left on the vehicle. Items left behind will be taken to the office.
- Drivers may assist passengers in boarding and disembarking the vehicle or from door to door. Drivers are not allowed to enter homes.
- Pets are not allowed on transit vehicles. Service animals accompanying individuals with disabilities are permitted.
Wheelchair-accessible service is available. When you call to schedule your trip, please let us know of any assistance you may need in boarding or disembarking from the vehicle. For the safety of all passengers, our policy requires that wheelchairs be secured to the vehicle. Persons using respirators or portable oxygen are permitted. Service animals accompanying individuals with disabilities are permitted. Personal care attendants accompanying persons with disabilities (ADA) are permitted free of charge.
Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
- Macon County Transit System operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Macon County Transit System.
- For more information, contact 478-472-7021, email email@example.com or visit our office at 121 South Sumter Street, Oglethorpe, Georgia 31068. For more information, visit www.maconcountyga.gov
- If information is needed in another language, contact 478-472-7021.
- You may also file your complaint directly with the FTA at: Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor - TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590
Download Title VI Complaint Form
Notificación al Público de los Derechos Bajo el Título VI
La sistema de tránsito de Macon County
- La sistema de tránsito de Macon County opera sus programas y servicios, sin distinción de raza, color y origen nacional, de conformidad con el Título VI del Acta de Derechos Civiles. Cualquier persona que cree que él o ella ha sido agraviada por cualquier práctica discriminatoria ilegal bajo el Título VI, puede presentar una queja con el sistema de transporte Macon County.
- Para obtener más información sobre la programa de derechos civiles de La sistema de tránsito de Macon County, y los procedimientos para presentar una queja, contacte a (478-472-7021), email firstname.lastname@example.org; o visite nuestra oficina administrativa en 121 South Sumter Street, Oglethorpe, Georgia 31068.
- Si se necesita información en otro idioma, el contacto 478-472-7021 (Teléfono)
- También puede presentar su queja directamente con el FTA en: Oficina Federal de Administración de Tránsito de Derechos Civiles Atención: Coordinador de Programa del Título VI, East Building, 5th Floor - TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590
Descargar gormulario de Queja del Título VI